Easter Update!

I have a confession...


I had a hunch that I was not going to be a great blogger when I began this endeavor. It promised to be a good outlet for me while we wait for our little one, but once the adoption got rolling... well I knew when distractions abound... I get distracted. Since that waiting-to-be-chosen-as-adoptive-parents period has gone so.much.quicker than we ever imagined, there have been many distractions.

Here are a few:

Sub Plans.

If you are a teacher, you know where I am going before I even begin.

Since Tim and I are both teachers, it is difficult to take time off. As in, it is way harder to be gone and get lesson plans and activities and lectures that any substitute can teach (whether or not they have any knowledge of the subject which the students are to be learning). Add in the wrench that it will be at least two weeks, it will be at the end of the year and during finals, and we don't actually know when it will be, and you can see we have on our hands quite a lot of work. It is such a blessing that Baby C is due toward the end of our school year so we can spend ALL SUMMER with her, learning to be parents, cuddling, not sleeping. But basically my desk looks like this all the time:
but usually worse....

Baby Room Decorating.

This is, by far, my favorite thing that has been occupying my free time. We found a thrift store dresser to use as a changing table, a thrift store rocker, and a whole lot floral printed printables that we have been putting in gold spray-painted frames. I have also begun organizing all of the gently used donated and thrifted baby clothes. I have a drawer for each size. We'll see how long that lasts!
So many little girly things. I love it all.

These greeting cards from Rifle Paper Co. and a bit of Pinteresting ideas are inspiration for the room. Think bold floral colors in peaches and mints, and plums and corals. Once I have a few more things on the walls, I hope to write up another blog with more pictures. Stay tuned. (but don't hold your breath! That would be dangerous)

 

 

 

 

Babymooning.

Over our spring break we flew out to California for a wonderful little thrifty vacation. We stayed in AirBnB's, which were awesome, and hiked Yosemite, drove through Napa and Sonoma (and imbibed a bit), and  walked on the beach in Santa Cruz. We saw a whole lot of California in a rental car, and it was lovely.

 

 Holy Week-ing.

Naturally, I neglected to take a picture of "the Before"
 Tim and I are very involved in our parish life and throughout our marriage we have found little ways to bring our liturgical life into our home--our domestic church. As soon-to-be-parents, we are excited to find new little ways to make bring our faith to life for our growing family. One of our traditions during Holy Week, is to celebrate "Extravagant Monday" with an extravagant(-ish) dinner for a few of our friends (as many as we have chairs for). The reading for the day is Mary, Martha and Lazarus throwing a dinner party for Christ and his friends. Martha in the kitchen, as usual, Lazarus not dead, and Mary pouring expensive nard on the feet of our Lord. So we leave a little room in our budget for a dinner party on Monday during Holy Week to feast. It is always a fun occasion. This year's theme was an Italian-style formal dinner party; several courses, wine pairings, fresh-made pasta, and a lot of fun. And a mess.
Extravagant menu... but not fancy.

We spent the whole Triduum as server and singer, went to our parish's St. Lawrence Grill after the Vigil mass on Saturday until well into Sunday morning, and then had family and friends over for a nice ham dinner on Easter. It was a wonderful, holy, exhausting and delightful week.

 

 

 

Paper work-ing.

While most of the paper work on our end is done until Baby C arrives, we still have a bit to keep up with. More than that, we have had to find places to stay and contingency plans in case she is much earlier or later than her due date. I am a planner.  Not a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants sort of gal, which brings me to my last distraction...

 

Anticipating.

We are so excited. I feel like the little child who is anxiously awaiting Christmas and just can't stand it. The tree is up, the house smells like pine, gifts are piling up under the tree and just the excitement of it all makes it difficult to focus! The nursery is painted, the crib is put together, the baby showers gifts and hand-me-down clothes are coming in, and I just can't stand it! Baby C's due date is less than one month away!

Now I really should get back to working on something...

So, Happy Easter y'all.

-Jessi

Maggie's excited.

 

Comments