New here?

Welcome!

I am over at Spoken Bride today--and since Jenny from Mama Needs Coffee posted our fundraiser on her Facebook page (I am a total fan girl, btw--so it made my week), I thought perhaps an introduction would be in order for anyone new stopping over.









We are Tim and Jessi and we are two fun loving, Catholic Christians who love coffee, Tex-mex, good books, each other and Jesus. And, yes, your eyes do not deceive you, Tim wore a kilt to our wedding.




Funny story: after Tim proposed, we were driving to his momma's house in his little Highlander and as he pulled into the driveway he looked at me and said "Jessi, I have always dreamed of getting married in my kilt--my heritage is part of me and I love it." And I said, "I have always dreamed of getting married to a man in pants." But we agreed to the kilt--he wore one and so did all of his groomsmen (including my very not-Scottish brothers, who were excellent sports about the whole thing).






I love the kilt and I love him.




We found out after about a year of marriage that we wouldn't be able to conceive children. Then, after about three years of  discerning whether God wanted us to be parents or whether he was calling us to some other way of living out our vocation, we decided to adopt.


We began the adoption process in the Fall of 2014 and brought our lovely daughter home in May 2015. The state of Texas agreed that she was ours in April 2016.




You can read more of our first adoption story here, and here, and here, and here! And more about our family here.












This past year, we have decided to embark on this adoption journey again and have started fundraising by selling t-shirts so that we can afford to hire a consultant or an agency sometime in the next few months.


Thank you for stopping by.


God bless you,
-Jessi










Comments